What personal information we collect about you
The personal information we process includes:
- Basic information such as your name (including name prefix or title)
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending lessons, meetings and events
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we obtain your personal information
- We collect information from you as part of our business processes to provide you with the
best possible services
- We collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services
including our website and email communications sent to and from City Music Services
- We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly – for
instance, engaging with our staff or registering on one of our digital platforms or
How we use your personal information
City Music Services collects and processes personal information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website and provisions of services by us. We use that information:
- To provide information requested by you
- To provide and improve our services to you
- To provide and improve our website, including auditing and monitoring its use
- To promote our services
- To manage and administer our relationship with you
Use of City Music Services Website
A number of facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information such as ‘Arrange for a lesson today’ and ‘Subscribe to our e-newsletter’. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us improve it. Google analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. This information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
On what basis we use your personal information
We use your personal information to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide services and for legitimate business purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your data for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and those with whom we have not been in contact over a two year period will be asked periodically if they wish to continue to be contacted or to unsubscribe.
How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors
- IT providers to City Music Services
- Third parties involved in hosting or organising events or seminars
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosures, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to City Music Services processing of information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us at email@example.com